Categories
Uncategorized

Proposal

My proposal

The topic that I plan to research is the importance of men’s mental health and how society has played a major role in the way that it is viewed today. The reasoning behind me even writing about this is because I want to be able to spread awareness. Men’s mentality is a common issue that is overlooked because society has these norms that men shouldn’t be able to express themselves because they are men and men are supposed to be able to keep it in and just move on with life. For a really long time masculinity was viewed as something that meant challenging others. Although masculinity can be toxic which causes some issues it’s also beneficial because it allows men to get their competitiveness under control. If masculinity was balanced with mental help then masculinity woulndt be the overall problem when it comes to toxic men.In order for a man to be toxic because of their masculinity they would have to be going through something mentally that pushed them to the point where they have become the problem. In the society that we currently live in, men’s mental health is overlooked while women are praised and acknowledged. I’m not saying that we need to stop caring about women, I’m saying that we need to start caring about the mental health of men who are going through it and feel as though they have nowhere else to turn so they bottle it up and keep it moving. The best possible way for the world to improve is to stop preaching that everyone is equal and matter and start actually doing something about it so that we could live in a world that actually thrives because everyone, especially men aren’t so messed up in the head and can actually function.